This delicious coffee cake is great for all occasions and tastes AMAZING! It is simple and easy to make!
- Preheat the oven at 160C, 325 F. Baseline and grease two equally sized sandwich tins. Add the sugar and the butter to a bowl and whisk until very fluffy and a pale cream.
- Wisk the eggs in a mug with a fork and then add them gradually to the mixture with 1 tbsp of flour each time. Make sure you don't use all the flour.
- Add the rest of the flour and the baking powder to the mixture and fold it in gently.
- Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water and add to the mixture still folding. Divide into the sandwich tins and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile Cream the butter and the icing sugar until light and fluffy. Dissolve the coffee in boiling water, making sure you don't add too much water or the icing will be runny and add it to the butter and icing sugar. Whisk and leave in the fridge until the cake is done.
- Once the cakes are done and have been put onto plates spread the icing on the bottom of one of the cakes (leaving around half of the icing for the top) and spread the strawberry jam ont the bottom of the other. Spread the remainig icing ontop of the cake. decorate with cherries or walnuts. ENJOY!
Luxery Espresso Cookies
Making your own espresso biscuits. Recipe makes approximately 40-45 pieces!
STEP 1: ADD
- Place 100g of butter in a bowl and beat until soft
STEP 2: ADD
- 100g of castor or fine brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of table salt
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite espresso instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons of natural cocoa powder
- 1 standard egg
- and stir until light in colour
STEP 3: THEN ADD
- 75g of dark Toblerone chocolate, grated or chopped very finely
- 50g of chopped blanched almonds, pre-roasted in a pan
STEP 4: MIX
- 150g of plain flour with 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- and add to above mixture, forming a soft dough
- 100g package of dark chocolate icing to decorate
STEP 5: TO MAKE
- place walnut-sized balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, leaving enough space between them for expansion. Place in a cool place for approx. 15 min.
STEP 6: BAKE
- preheat oven to 180 °C, place tray in centre of the oven and bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes (depending on your oavens cooking performance) checking regularly. The balls should spread slightly.
STEP 7: TO DECORATE
- presentation option - use a little chocolate icing to stick a coffee bean on each biscuit. ENJOY!
MORE COMING SOON